Wednesday, March 26, 2008

There's a first time for everything

I grew up in one of the Northernmost cities in Canada, so it's a bit of an understatement to say that I've experienced my share of snowfalls. I thought I'd seen it all. Not much about snow that is gonna phase me, no sir.

I was wrong. It's been snowing a lot in Amsterdam over the last week or so. In what seems to be a sort of rotational schedule of twenty minute increments, it is either hailing, the sky is a beautiful clear blue, ominous grey or pouring out huge fluffy storybook snowflakes; neither the hail nor the snowflakes stay on the ground but rather melt right away.

It was during one of the soft, fluffy, pretty snowflake moments when it happened. There was thunder. Thunder and snow. Crazy. I still can't wrap my mind around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment